Legal Aid Centre, University of Lucknow: EQUAL ACCESS TO JUSTICE FOR ALL
Lucknow University Legal Aid Clinic is inspired by the determination to promote ‘EQUAL ACCESS TO JUSTICE’, seek to promote legal literacy, provide free legal service and create socially responsible citizens and to facilitate access to justice to the marginalized and deprived classes of the society.
The Legal Aid Clinic’s awareness programs are catalysts for a layman who has little cognizance of legal knowledge. Lucknow University Legal Aid Clinic (LULAC) is continuously progressive on the path of its determination and purpose of ‘EQUAL ACCESS TO JUSTICE FOR ALL’ in collaboration with District Legal Service Authority (DLSA), Lucknow, other Social Institutions and NGOs based in Lucknow.
- Prof. C.P. Singh, Head & Dean, Faculty of Law, University of Lucknow, Lucknow
- Under the Chairmanship of Dr. Anurag Kumar Srivastava
Who is eligible for Free Legal Services?
The sections of the society as enlisted under Section 12 of the Legal Services Authorities Act, 1987 entitled for free legal services are :
- A member of a Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe;
- A victim of trafficking in human beings or begar as referred to in Article 23 of the Constitution;
- A woman or a child;
- A mentally ill or otherwise disabled person;
- A person under circumstances of undeserved want such as being a victim of a mass disaster, ethnic violence, caste atrocity, flood, drought, earthquake or industrial disaster; or
- An industrial workman; or
- The person in custody; or
- a person in receipt of annual income less than 3 lakh per annum, if the case is before a Court other than the Supreme Court, and less than Rs 5 Lakh, if the case is before the Supreme Court.
How to avail Free Legal Services:
Services of the Legal Aid Cell are accessible through telephone/email (as provided below) on all days, from Monday to Sunday.
In case of any specific queries, please write to us at email@example.com +91-7991200596 (04 PM to 06 PM)
What does Free Legal Services include?
Representation by an Advocate in legal proceedings; Preparation of pleadings, memo of appeal, paper book; Drafting of legal documents, special leave petition, etc.
Write to us: Legal Aid Centre, Faculty of Law, LU New Campus, Sitapur Rd, Jankipuram Extension, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh 226031
- Amrita Yadav, Student Convenor, Legal Aid Centre for Session 2019-20
- Puneet Deshwal, Student Co-Convenor, Legal Aid Centre for Session 2019-20
About Faculty of Law, University of Lucknow:
Established in 1921, Faculty of Law, University of Lucknow is a pioneer legal institution of India. The real architect was Prof. R. U. Singh with great zeal and enthusiasm organized teaching and research in the faculty in a systematic way.
The Faculty has introduced LL.B. (Hons.) Five Year Course in 1995. The Faculty offers Undergraduate, Post Graduate, Doctoral and Post-Doctoral Programmes. The Faculty is running a Centre of Excellence on Gandhian Dream of Litigation Free Village. The Law Faculty was separated from the main Campus and shifted to the new Campus having a total area of more than 75 acres located on the Sitapur Road, Lucknow from 2002-03.