File Your Consumer Case Your Own without the assistance of any Legal Professional. Learn Case Drafting, Steps of Filing & tips to win a consumer case. This masterclass is a part of the Consumer Rights Campaign – A Step towards Consumer Awareness.
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
Legal Thirst Law Firm is a full-service Law Firm dealing in Haryana & Punjab and Legal Education Platform, registered under the Indian Partnership Act, 1932. Legal Thirst is a powerful step towards the upliftment of the legal profession in India by shaping the law students; helping them to learn legal skills efficiently through affordable and Law Firm Certified Legal Courses, Webinars, and also by various workshops and sessions.
Legal Thirst aims towards providing opportunities to those who lack resources and end nepotism in society. We have provided pro-bono legal services to 200+ people across Haryana and made access to justice easy.
AIM OF THE MASTERCLASS
To empower consumers, young lawyers, and law students through awareness and education; enhance consumer protection and safety, and prevention of unfair trade practices. Let the seller beware.
This course enables people to file consumer cases without the assistance of any legal professional.
'File Your Consumer Case Your Own'
ABOUT THE MASTERCLASS
This masterclass is designed by professionals covering every aspect of the Consumer Act, 2019 with the leading case laws. This masterclass is a learning and training program where students, lawyers, or common men could learn to file a consumer complaint from step 1 to step last. We will not only impart theoretical knowledge about consumer laws but will try to teach everything practically.
We will focus on the Legal Drafting of Consumer cases beginning from the procedure of filing the case in consumer commissions to the execution of judgment.
Consumer protection makes markets work for both businesses and consumers. This course focuses on a motto that after this course one will be able to file his own Consumer Case without any Legal Professional assistance.
HOW WILL THIS COURSE HELP YOU?
- You will get to understand and analyze the laws relating to consumer disputes and settlement in India.
- You will be able to understand the roles of various authorities in dealing with consumer disputes.
- The course will give you a practical understanding of the procedure governing consumer disputes starting with a complaint to the redressal of the grievance.
- You will also learn about the recent changes like e-commerce, and product liability introduced by the Consumer Protection Act, 2019.
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Ms. Ishani Goyal
She is Legal-Tech Entrepreneur who founded a Legal-tech Platform, Legal Thirst. She is working for Legal Awareness extensively & Leading, United Nations Foundation, Girl Up Campaign club named ‘Girl Up Juris‘. Ishani is President of WICCI Haryana State Legal Awareness Council. She wrote two legal books, one on ‘Legal Drafting & Pleading‘, and the other as a Co-Author on ‘Intellectual Property Rights & Cyber Laws in India’. She has won many consumer cases against Flipkart, Reliance, AJIO & Mobikwik and is highly qualified in legal drafting and researching.
1ST DAY [10th September, 2022]:- Timings: 5:00 P.M.- 7:00 P.M.
- Introduction to Consumer Protection Act, 2019
- Important Definitions in CPA, 2019
- Authorities under CPA, 2019
- Different Remedies available to Consumers
- Who is Consumer?
- Who can file Consumer Complaint?
- Constitutional & Other Consumer Rights connected with CPA, 2019
- Different Statutory provisions connected with CPA, 2019
- Who is Consumer?
- How to File Consumer Complaint in India?
- Steps of Lodging a Consumer Complaint in India
- Jurisdiction, Fees and the Limitation Period for filing a complaint
2ND DAY [11th September, 2022]:- Timings: 5:00 P.M.- 7:00 P.M.
- Drafting of Consumer Complaints
- E-mail Responses
- Legal Notice for Consumer Complaint
- Consumer Complaint
- Drafting of ‘Evidence by Way of Affidavit’
- Types of Remedies/Orders/Penalties by Consumer Commission
- Reasons for Failure of Consumer Cases?
- Points to be Remembered
- How to Revise Limitation Period
- What Next?
- Appellate, Review & Revision Proceedings
- Execution of Consumer Court Order
WHO CAN ATTEND THIS MASTERCLASS
- Undergraduate Students of Law.
- Anybody looking to make a career in Consumer Law Practice
- Young Law Graduates (in-house counsels, litigators, and those working in law firms)
Session Fee: INR 499/- Only
Pay via Online Methods:
- Paytm on +919728258074
- PhonePe on +919728258074
- GPay on +919728258074
- UPI – 9728258074@paytm
- A free Physical Book on “Legal Drafting and Pleading” worth Rs. 200/- at your home.
- Drafting Sessions with Sample Drafts.
- Opportunity to get an Internship under Legal Thirst Associates.
- Certificate of Completion
- Reading Material and Assessments
MODE OF LEARNING
- Completely Online and Live Sessions
- Screen share sessions on practice and procedure of Consumer Law Drafts
- Text-based modules and reading resources
- Practical Assignments
For any query, mail us at email@example.com
WhatsApp Us: +919728258074
Disclaimer: The opinions and views in the articles and research papers published on this website; are personal and independent opinions of the author. The website is not responsible for them.
Legal Thirst has created a telegram group for exchanging legal knowledge, Events, and various opportunities.
You can click on this link and join:
Follow Legal Thirst on Instagram and Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more amazing legal content.