World Cyber Security Forum and Law Central Presents 1st Online National Client Counseling Competition, 2020-: 12TH– 13TH June
ABOUT THE ORGANISATIONS
WORLD CYBER SECURITY FORUM:
World Cyber Security Forum (WCSF) is an online forum, which acts as a source of legal and technical information for professionals, students, and teenagers across the world. our firm delivers blend of original content by IT professionals, peer-to-peer advice from the largest community of IT leaders on the Web, and a vast library of professional resources from the leading vendors in the IT industry. WCSF features blogs, community forums, vendor white papers, software downloads, Webcasts, and research.
We are sharing Cyber Security expert guidance and insight, in-depth analysis, and news. We also educate people with the latest trending cyber news, reviews in various content forms. As a dedicated cybersecurity news platform, WCSF has been catering unbiased information to security professionals, on the countless security challenges that they come across every day.
Law Central is an autonomous body initiated to provide a platform to law students; where they can actively participate in various legal activities and competitions. Law is called a jealous mistress and there is no room in it for the lazy and mediocre. We intend to bring out the best amongst students by fostering in them a sense of competitiveness. Our vision is to inculcate a feeling of professionalism and responsibility in budding lawyers. Moreover, we prosper to create a network of legal communities to facilitate interactions among lawyers today.
The coalition is organizing Online Client Counselling Competition, 2020 to highlight the necessity of social distancing despite bringing in the students together to a competitive platform.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
The Client Counseling Competition promotes greater knowledge and interest among law students in the preventative law and counseling functions of law practice. It also encourages students to develop interviewing, planning, and analytical skills in the lawyer-client relationship in the law office.
Interviewing and advising is a significant part of most lawyer’s work. Too often, it is assumed that lawyers have the listening and questioning skills needed to conduct an effective interview. Regrettably, not all lawyers possess these skills. The Competition provides an opportunity for a valuable educational and cultural interchange between students, law teachers, and legal practitioners.
The Competition simulates a law office consultation in which a team of two law students, acting as lawyers, are consulted by a client. The subject-matter of the client’s problem could include anything ranging from Family Law, Business Law, Criminal law, Contract Law, and allied subjects. It aims to encourage students to develop interviewing & planning abilities and analytical skills in the lawyer-client relationship in the law office and the corporate structure.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
ELIGIBILITY & REGISTRATION:
- This competition is open for all the law students from different recognized Universities/ Colleges/ Institutions across the country.
- Multiple teams are allowed from a University/College/Institute.
- A maximum of 20 registrations are allowed in this competition.
The competition is a team event which shall comprise of two individuals.
FORMAT OF THE COMPETITION:
- The participants shall conduct an interview with a person playing the role of the client (Provided by the Host Organisation).
- Participants are expected to elicit the relevant information from the client, outlining the nature of the problem and to explore the different legal avenues available for providing a solution to the problem with means (or range of alternatives) for resolving the same.
- The interview with the client will then be followed by a post-consultation period during which the participants, in the absence of the client, analyze the interview and discuss the legal and other work to be undertaken, during which the presiding Judges may ask them questions if they deem fit.
- The interview and post-consultation period are for 35 minutes only [25 minutes (Interview) +10 minutes (Post-Consultation)].
- The finalists will be given an extra time of 10 minutes with the client in the final round.
- During the consultation and post-consultation, the team may use books, notes, and other materials.
- The participants must follow the formal dress code.
There shall be three rounds.
All 20 teams shall compete against each other and the top 08 scoring teams shall be carried forward to the next round.
Top 08 teams from Preliminary Round shall compete against each other and the top 2 out of them shall be carried forward to the next round.
6 Top 2 teams from Semi-Final Round shall compete against each other and the winner and the runners up shall be declared from them.
The participants must bear in mind that NO ELECTRONIC MODES OF INFORMATION CAN BE USED OR ACCESSED DURING THE COMPETITION. (This includes all electronic items like Laptops, Tablets, Cell Phones, i- watches, etc.) EXCEPT THE DEVICE USED FOR VIDEO CONFERENCING.
The Marking scheme shall comprise of 50 marks per participant, which shall be distributed as follows:
- Presence of mind = 10 marks
- Ability to provide legal solution = 10 marks
- Tactfully handling the client = 10 marks
- Extracting relevant information from client = 10 marks
- Audible summarizing & team work (Post Consultation) = 10 marks
- The decision of Judges shall be final and binding.
- The organization reserves the right regarding the conduct of the event.
BEST TEAM: Rs 1500/- Certificate and Online Internship for 1 month with WORLD CYBERSECURITY FORUM.
BEST ADVOCATE: Rs 1000/- and Certificate.
REGISTRATION FEE: Rs 600/- per team
To Register Visit: Click Here for Register
- DAY 1- 12th June 2020 (Preliminary Round)
- DAY 2 – 13th June 2020 (Semi-Finals and finals)
MODE OF COMPETITION: Online
ONLINE MODE OF PAYMENT:
Details of Fee Payment:
- A/C HOLDER’S NAME: GURWINDER SINGH
- ACCOUNT NUMBER: 4005001500017935
- IFSC CODE: PUNB0400500
- GOOGLE PAY @ 8195885345
FOR ANY QUERIES CONTACT:
Ms. ISHA SOOD (+91 7421818000)
Mr.AKASH GARG (+91 8847077236)
Mr. GURWINDER SINGH (+91 8195885345)
E-MAIL US ON
World Cyber Security Forum (WCSF)
[…] Brochure 1st ONLINE NATIONAL CLIENT COUNSELLING COMPETITION, 20201st ONLINE NATIONAL CLIENT COUNSELLING COMPETITION, […]
Like!! I blog quite often and I genuinely thank you for your information. The article has truly peaked my interest.