About ICC (International Criminal Court)
The International Criminal Court (ICC) is the first of it’s kind only permanent court; working in protecting the Human Rights granted to every human on the earth. The Court is established on 17 July, 1998; having headquarters in the Hague, Netherlands. The ICC has no retroactive jurisdiction; and under article 5 it grants jurisdiction to prosecute international crimes against the human race; that includes genocide, crimes against humanity, war crimes and the crime of aggression. The Courts grants it’s legality by Rome Statute under article 2; signed by 120+ states having rectified by 48 Members as of now.
About the Internship Opportunity
The ICC (International Criminal Court) is seeking to engage the services of eligible and competent interns for its Counsel Support Section.
External Legal Teams represent defendants or victims before the Court. They are composed of one or more persons admitted to the List of Counsel and any persons assisting them (legal assistants, case managers, etc.). They perform their duties independently.
Duration of Internship
- Mode: Full-time
- Period: 3-6 Months
Internship Period shall not be extended beyond 6 Months.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of counsel, selected candidates may perform one or more of the following tasks:
- Research and preparation of background reports.
- Drafting memoranda, reports, letters, briefing notes
- All Candidates must have a relevant degree or be in the final stages of their studies at a recognised university.
- Candidates are expected to have a very good record of academic performance.
- Internship placements focus on candidates in the early stages of their professional careers.
- Practical experience is not an essential prerequisite for selection.
- Should there be a practical experience that is relevant to the work of the Court, it may be considered an asset.
- However, such working experience should not exceed 3 (three) years.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Able to adapt to multicultural and multilingual working environments.
- Possesses strong teamwork skills (listens, consults and communicates proactively).
- Has acquired a good standard of computer skills (including Microsoft Office applications).
The International Criminal Court has 2 working Languages: English & French
While the court has 6 Official Languages: Arabic, Chinese, Russian & Spanish
- So, knowledge and fluency in any of the working language is a must, while knowledge of others is an asset.
In order to increase geographical representation in International Organization like ICC; they prefer interns from various
How to Apply?
Interested candidates MUST check the Official Notification Button at the end of this post.
Please note that you will need to have the following information ready in order to complete your application:
- A completed “Duties and Responsibilities Form” (refer to step 1 on your e-recruitment profile page)
- Motivation letter (maximum of 400 words)
- Two reference letters (one academic)
- Scanned copies of university degrees and/or diplomas
- Scanned copies of official academic transcripts that state your courses, results, and completion date
- One short essay on a subject relevant to the work of the Court (maximum of 750 words, single-spaced, typewritten)
Remotely – Using Own Computer & Internet Connectivity.
The Host State, the International Criminal Court staff members, interns, and visiting professionals; based in The Hague are currently working remotely; due to COVID-19 crisis.
The candidates selected are expected to work remotely from within the duty station (The Hague) until the re-opening of the ICC’s premises.
December 31, 2021
Click Below for Viewing the Official Notification
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on LegalThirst.com is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.
Legal Thirst has created a telegram group for exchanging legal knowledge, Events, and various opportunities.
You can click on this link and join:
Follow Legal Thirst on Instagram and Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more amazing legal content.