About the Opportunity
Applications are now open for the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) Internship Programme 2020.
The United Nations Population Fund, formerly the United Nations Fund for Population Activities, is a UN agency aimed at improving reproductive and maternal health worldwide.
The UNFPA Internship Programme offers a small group of outstanding students the opportunity to acquire direct exposure to UNFPA operations. It is designed to complement development-oriented studies with practical experience in various aspects of UNFPA work.
Applicants should have expressed interest in the field of development; ability to adapt to new environments and work with individuals from different cultural backgrounds. Interns work under the supervision of a staff member at UNFPA. The background of the interns is matched with the needs of the organization.
Candidates for the internship program are selected on a competitive basis. The profiles of the interns are matched with the needs of the organization. The following qualifications are required for consideration:
- Students should be enrolled in an advanced degree program or have graduated within the last 12 months;
- Students must have written and spoken proficiency in English; fluency in French, Spanish, or Arabic is an asset.
- The costs associated with an intern’s participation in the program must be assumed either by the students themselves or by the nominating institution, which may provide the required financial assistance to its students.
- Students will have to meet living expenses as well as make their own arrangements for accommodation, travel and other requirements.
- In addition, applicants must have medical insurance for the duration of the internship. Proof of insurance will need to be submitted before the internship begins.
- Interns are not financially remunerated by UNFPA for their work but may receive a stipend to help cover basic daily expenses related to the internship, when not financially supported by any institution or program, such as a university, government, foundation, or scholarship program.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the internship through this link.
December 31, 2020, by 10 PM NYT Monday (8.30 AM IST Tuesday)
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on LegalThirst.com is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.
Legal Thirst has created a telegram group for exchanging legal knowledge, Events, and various opportunities.
You can click on this link and join:
Follow Legal Thirst on Instagram and Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more amazing legal content.