About the Stree Shakti
Stree Shakti: The Parallel Force, is a non-governmental organization based in New Delhi that along with its international partners takes on an international dimension across cultures, areas of work, and public and private sectors. The mission is to create a network for achieving equality, self-reliance, and equal opportunities for women in India.
About the Internship
Opening for a short-term deadline-based project; involves delivering research and writing for a journal article on behalf of an NGO.
Topic: Elderly care and protections (policy and law) in South Asia/India (scope TBD)
Project delivery deadline: January 13th
Scope of work:
Research and writing
Volume: Approx. 6,000 words
Actual workload qualified by time-efficiency: Not more than a week
Negotiable based on skills and background.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct research on the topic (primarily desktop research but might also involve telephonic interviews with stakeholders).
- Investigate the status of various protections and safeguards for elderly care and interests in India and areas that need more focus and strengthening.
- Devise a structure for the article from preliminary assessments and direction provided by the NGO to contribute meaningful authorship that forms the basis of future policy action and lobbying for elderly interests in India.
Skills and Qualifications Required
- Demonstrable proficiency at research and familiarity with a variety of research methodologies.
- Excellent writing skills suited for authoring formal policy papers and articles.
- Superior interpersonal communication skills.
- Dedication, diligence, and time-sensitivity.
- A high degree of self-motivation and initiative.
- Ability to understand directions and take swift action.
- Self-motivated when it comes to improving quality of research and writing.
- Strong critical thinking skills and sharp assessment of welfare laws and policies in action.
- Experience authoring insightful, hard-hitting articles on areas of interest.
- BA.LL.B 4/5th year students or LL.B. final year students.
- Researchers or program officers – human rights, policy, issue mainstreaming, lobbying.
- Lawyers with a track record of HR litigation/program work in NGOs/govs; at the very least a deep interest in human rights issues.
How to Apply??
Please note the application requires the submission of writing samples.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on LegalThirst.com is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.
Legal Thirst has created a telegram group for exchanging legal knowledge, Events, and various opportunities.
You can click on this link and join:
Follow Legal Thirst on Instagram and Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more amazing legal content.