NotJustLex offers certain specialized moderated classroom programs and online programs, with the intention to bridge the gap between theoretical learning and expectations of law firms, corporates, and clients. They focus primarily on participatory learning. It’s a platform for young lawyers and law students. Now know more this article writing competition.
About the article writing competition
On COVID-19 related legal problems, NotJustLex is organizing an article writing competition.
This competition will be conducted and managed by NotJustLex.
All law students, management students, research scholars, and young legal professionals are invited to share & write their opinions on the topics mentioned below.
This theme has been finalized to test the legal knowledge, research aptitude, comparative analysis and writing skills of the participants.
COVID-19: Impact on Commercial Contracts (guidance note: focus on clauses pertaining to “force majeure” and “ doctrine of frustration”)
COVID-19: Your Legal Rights In a Quarantine (guidance note: focus on Indian laws; you may make a comparative analysis with the laws of other jurisdictions)
Category A: Law students (both undergraduate and postgraduate), management students, research scholars and other undergraduate students interested to write on this theme are eligible to participate.
Category B: Young legal professionals with not more than PQE of 2 years.
- Co-authorship is not allowed.
- The article should be the original work of the participant and must not exceed 3000 words. All articles should only be in English. Any kind of plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification.
- Bluebook 20th edition should be adhered to for the purpose of citations.
- The submission shall be made in both
- (a) “doc. or docx.” and
- (b) “PDF” format.
- The submission should strictly be in the following form:
- Font: Time New Roman,
- Font Size: 12,
- Line Spacing- 1.5,
- Alignment: Justified
All participants must register themselves first, before the submission. Just by sending an email to info[at]notjustlex.com.
You must specify your personal details, category, topic, with the subject line clearly mentioned in the Email as:
“Registration Cat [A/B]- Topic [1/2].
One can register oneself anytime before the 5th of April 2020. After that, you can submit your article later as per the dates mentioned below.
The submission should be mailed NotJustLex their Email: info[at]notjustlex.com with the subject line clearly mentioning:
“Submission Cat [A/B]- Topic [1/2]”.
- Last date for ‘Registration’: 5th April 2020
- Last date for ‘Submission’: 14th April 2020
- Declaration of ‘Results’: 26th April 2020
- Send off of ‘E-certificates’: 3rd May 2020
For each Category, the Category A and Category B, the awards will be provided separately:
- First place will be awarded a cash prize of INR 8000 with a ‘Certificate of Excellence’
- Second place will be awarded a cash prize of INR 3000 with a ‘Certificate of Excellence’
- All participants will be provided with a certification of participation.
For similar such opportunities to apply for Visit:
5th National Online Essay Writing Competition [Submit by 25 April]
Legal Foxes’ 8th Online Quiz Competition on April 9-10: Register by April 6
National Article Writing Competition: ‘ABHIDHARNA’ by Yogya-Empowering Society [April 10]