Law Commission of India is an executive body established by an order of the Government of India. Its major function is to work for legal reform. Its membership primarily comprises legal experts, who are entrusted a mandate by the Government. The commission is established for a fixed tenure and works as an advisory body to the Ministry of Law and Justice
About the Programme
The Law Commission of India provides opportunities to law students for assisting the Commission in its legal research/law reform projects by holding a Summer (May-June), Winter (November-December), and Mid-Term Internship Programme.
Law students pursuing studies in,
- 2nd and 3rd year of 3-year, and
- 2nd to 5th year of 5-year law degree course only, at any recognized College/Law School/University.
For Winter Programme: November-December
How to Apply?
- Fill in the hard copy of the application form.
- Find the application form through the link given at the end of this post.
- Send the applications in the enclosed format by 1st October (in case of the Winter programme). For the Mid-Term Internship Programme, the application should reach 30 days in advance (intended date for joining the internship).
- The applications should reach either by post/courier or by hand to:
Assistant Law Officer, Law Commission of India, Lok Nayak Bhavan, ‘B’ Wing, 2nd Floor, Khan Market, New Delhi -110003.
- Application received after the cut off date shall not be considered and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard. An incomplete application will not be entertained.
- Find the official information through the application link below.
- To find the official information about the internship opportunity, click on the link as highlighted below, on the official website.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on LegalThirst.com is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.
Legal Thirst has created a telegram group for exchanging legal knowledge, Events, and various opportunities.
You can click on this link and join:
Follow Legal Thirst on Instagram and Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more amazing legal content.