About SCLSC (Supreme Court Legal Services Committee)
Supreme Court Legal Services Committee is an attempt to supply legal aid and assistance to the marginalized and weaker sections of the Society. Supreme Court is the last court of Justice within the country.
With the aim of providing free legal aid to the persons (eligible under Section 12 of Legal Service Authorities Act, 1987)Supreme Court Legal Services Committee was constituted, to approach Hon’ble Supreme Court.
About the Opportunity
Eligible candidates are invited by SCLSC for filling up one post of Consultant on a contractual basis within the Supreme Court Legal Services Committee.
Number of Consultants Required
- Law Graduate (3 years/5 year law; From a Bar Council of India recognized School/ College/University)
- BCI Licensed Advocate
- One Year Experience as an Advocate
- Knowledge of computers including retrieval of desired information from various search engines/processes like Manupatra, SCC Online, Lexis Nexis, Westlaw, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducting independent research and preparing documentation.
- Suggesting remedial steps (if any) and identifying positive actions taken (if any) in order to have a series of best practices are evolved over the years within the field of legal aid.
- DIscussing each case with the potential litigant and preparing a brief wherever necessary in order to have the panel lawyer can draft the SLP or petition according to the case.
- Following up the case with the panel lawyer, being in touch with the under-trial prisoner or convict through e-conferencing or otherwise
- Assisting the Senior Counsel.
- Additional and miscellaneous administrative duties like organizing webinars, and group discussions with the experts on the topic of legal aid and advice on the prison reforms, etc.
- Such additional duties as assigned by the SCLSC.
The candidate should not be above 25 years of age on the closing date of the application.
Rs. 40,000 per month and deduction of applicable tax.
Initially for 1 year which can be extended, subject to the approval of the Competent Authority.
How to Apply
Interested applicants may submit their applications within the prescribed format indicating their interest in working for the SCLSC.
The application envelope should be clearly labeled as “Application for the post of Consultant in the office of SCLSC“
The application form should be addressed to:
Supreme Court Legal Services Committee,
107, Lawyers Chambers,
Supreme Court Compound,
November 13, 2020
Legal Thirst has created a telegram group for exchanging legal knowledge, Events, and various opportunities.
You can click on this link and join:
Follow Legal Thirst on Instagram and Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more amazing legal content.