Table of Contents
This Essay Competition is intended to celebrate International Women’s Day by Law Jurist in collaboration with India Crime and Human Rights Grievance Redressal Association (ICAHRGRA) a non-profit organization. So, we are here to celebrate the enormous contributions given to the various sectors of the country and to praise women’s empowerment. The Competition looks forward to developing awareness and fostering growth amongst students to explore and come up with solutions on socio-economic and cultural issues faced by a large number of women in day-to-day life.
The Competition is aimed at understanding the present scenario and developing future ideas for the betterment of women in society and examining whether there lies a vacuum in the present text that needs fulfillment. Based on the events in recent times, with numerous rulings passed by the Hon’ble Courts and laws that can be amended, the Competition aims to expand and increase academic scholarship in critical areas for the development of women. The theme for the 1st edition of this Essay Competition has thus been chosen as “Gender equality today for a sustainable tomorrow” Participants are free to write on, and choose, any suitable topic for their essay as long as it is within the ambit of the aforementioned theme.
Law jurist is a vision, a legal start-up that we wish to build an enormous achievement with the help of everyone in the legal world. Law jurist evolved from the massive amount of day-to-day real experiences shared by individuals, organizations, non-governmental entities, lawyers, and others.
INDIA CRIME & HUMAN RIGHTS GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL ASSOCIATION (ICAHRGRA)
India is a world-wide-based at INDIA CRIME & HUMAN RIGHTS GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL ASSOCIATION (ICAHRGRA), a non-government organization, in India that is working on the most serious problem of crime in the state of Gujarat crime, corruption, female assassination, crime corruption, female assassination Awareness works, and gives legal information to the people against this heinous Nishad, and neglect negative thinking towards the girl in the society. Which motivates the people to make them capable by educating the girls. In society, the focus of the people is decreasing the number of girls and in the Slum region, It is a program to provide food packages to the poor people.
ABOUT US – Media Partner of Event
Legal Thirst is the emerging education platform and is the next powerful step in the development and upliftment of law as a profession and legal education in the nation. Legal Thirst team is dedicated to promoting the welfare of law students all over India. Advocate Atul Kumar Goyal is heading the organization as Founder & C.E.O. along with Ms. Ishani Goyal, Managing Director & Co-Founder. Legal Thirst is the subsidiary of Legal Thirst Associates, a registered full-service Law Firm.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
The competition is an initiative of Law Jurist in collaboration with ICAHRGRA to increase awareness about the various socio-economic and cultural issues which are faced by women in the society and to let the young minds bring ideas to decline those issues and to bring equality in society which can lead to the developmental growth of the nation.
TOPICS Students can write on any of the following topics:
- Right to Education
- Reproductive Health & Rights
- Maternal Health
- Gender-based Violence
- Violence against women as a human rights violation
- Employment opportunities
- Water and sanitation
- Gender equality
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
- The essay must be written in English and submitted in Microsoft Word document format (.doc/.docx).
- Co-authorship up to a maximum of two authors is permitted.
- Only one submission is allowed per author/team. Submissions, both as co-author and single, will be treated as multiple submissions and will be disqualified as an entry to the competition.
- The following formatting specifications need to be strictly adhered to:
- Main Body:
- Font – Times New Roman,
- Font Size – 12, and Line Spacing – 1.5;
- Font – Times New Roman,
- Font Size – 10, and Line Spacing – 1.0;
- Margins should be 1 inch or 2.54 cm on all sides.
- Main Body:
- The word limit is 2000-2500 words excluding footnotes. Footnotes must follow the Bluebook system of citation (Harvard, 20th edition).
- Participants can write essay on any topic if it comes under the ambit of theme of the essay or they can choose any topic which given.
- Essay must indicate the theme/topic.
- All submissions should be made in an electronic form at firstname.lastname@example.org under the subject heading “Submission: 1st Law Jurist Essay Competition” by 8TH March 2022, 23:59 hours (Indian Standard Time, GMT +5:30).
- The essay must be accompanied by a separate document containing the following information about the participant:
- full name of the participant;
- theme/topic chosen;
- participant’s current year of study and name of the degree pursued;
- name and full address of the participant’s university;
- name and full postal address of the participant;
- phone number of the participant;
- E-mail ID of the participant.
- The essay must be original and Bonafede work of the participant. Incomplete or plagiarized submissions shall be summarily rejected. The plagiarism limit is 15% (excluding footnotes).
- No part of the essay should contain any form of identification of the participant such as the name of the author, University/College name, etc. on the essay. Any form of identification will lead to disqualification.
- The essay submitted by the participants should be published anywhere.
- Winner: An internship opportunity to work with Law Jurist as a senior editor / Internship with NGO for one month.
- Runner-up: An internship opportunity to work with Law Jurist as an editor
- 2nd Runner-up: Internship Opportunity to work with Law Jurist.
- Top 10 entries will be published on our website if found relevant and internship opportunity with team Law Jurist can also be given if participant found to be eligible.
- An e-Certificate of Participation will be awarded to all the participants.
- Registration: Last date of registration is March 8, 2022,
- Submission Date: The essays must be submitted on or before 25th march 2022 by 11:59PM
- Date of Result: 5th April 2022
For any queries, please contact on our email: email@example.com
Mob. Number: 7043027033, 9662636695
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on LegalThirst.com is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.
Legal Thirst has created a telegram group for exchanging legal knowledge, Events, and various opportunities.
You can click on this link and join:
Follow Legal Thirst on Instagram and Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more amazing legal content.