About the NLUO Journal
The NLUO Student Law Journal is a student-run, a peer-reviewed academic journal published semi-annually and bears the ISSN No. 2305-062X. It is now accepting submissions for its forthcoming Volume 5 Issue 1 (2020). Contributions are solicited from undergraduate and postgraduate students of law and other disciplines. In exceptional cases, submissions from full-time doctoral students may be considered at the discretion of the editorial board.
Categories for NLUO Student Law Journal
Submissions can be made in the form of articles, short notes, case/legislation comments, or book reviews.
- Articles (about 6000-8000).
- Comments (specific to a single issue) (about 3000-4000 words).
- Case/Legislative Comments (about 3000 words).
- Book Reviews (about 2000 words).
- The word limits above are exclusive of footnotes.
Please draft your submission according to the format of NLUO-SLJ Stylesheet.
Download a sample from here.
- Three co-authors in maximum are permissible for articles. And a maximum of two for short notes.
- Comments and book reviews must be by individual authors only.
- Please note that NLUO-SLJ follows a strict no-plagiarism policy.
- Submissions are subjected to plagiarism checks commensurate with appropriate international standards. NLUO-SLJ also follows a strict exclusive submission policy. No submission should be published or under consideration for publication anywhere else.
- Any infringement shall be liable for automatic disqualification.
- Submission Procedure
- NLUO-SLJ accepts submissions only through E-mail. MS Word (.doc, .docx) and Open Office Writer (.odf) are the only accepted file formats. Files in other formats, particularly PDF, shall not be considered.
Submission to be made on:
Submissions may be sent to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of the covering e-mail should contain the following:
- Mention of the fact that it is a submission for Volume 5 Issue 1.
- If a short note, case comment, legislative comment, or book review, then the type of submission (not applicable for articles)
- The abbreviated title of the submission.
The covering e-mail should contain the following particulars:
- The full title of the submission
- Type of the submission
- Word count
- The name, affiliation, and contact details of the author (in case of multiple authors, the names and affiliations of all authors, and the contact details of the corresponding author)
- Pre-Submission Checklist
- We at NLUO-SLJ strongly recommend that prior to submission, authors take the utmost care to ensure that the following are complied with.
Other Points to Remember
- Please ensure that references correspond strictly to prescribed guidelines.
- Also please avoid using unnecessary decorations like specifically page borders.
- Please ensure submissions are single-spaced throughout, and with no paragraph, formatting features such as spacing above paragraph or spacing below paragraph.
- When referring to journals, ensure that the full name is used and not abbreviations.
- Submissions plagiarised beyond acceptable standards are liable to be summarily rejected.
Last date to submit: 5th May 2020 [This is the Extended Date].
Note: NLUO accepts rolling submissions. Submissions received after the deadline may be considered for the next issue.
For any query Contact on:
For any further query contact the NLUO Student Law Journal Team at email@example.com
Visit the Website at : Click here.
This Article is taken from the sister concern website:- Lawctopus.