India, despite being a home of many globally popular games like Chess, Ludo, Snakes and Ladders, is not among leading developers and manufacturers of toys.
Under the ‘AatmaNirbhar Bharat Abhiyan’ initiated by our Hon’ble Prime Minister, Shri. Narendra Modi, Toycathon-2021 is conceived to challenge India’s innovative minds to conceptualize novel Toy and Games based on Bharatiya civilization, history, culture, mythology and ethos.
Toycathon 2021 is an inter-ministerial initiative organized by Ministry of Education’s Innovation Cell with support from All India Council for Technical Education, Ministry of Women and Child Development, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Ministry of MSME, Ministry of Textiles and Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
Currently, India’s toy market stands at around 1.5 Billion USD, which primarily is dominated by imported toys. Moreover, majority of these toys do not represent Indian heritage, civilization and value systems.
Toycathon 2021 is a unique opportunity for Students, Teachers, Start-ups and Toy experts/professionals in India to submit their innovative toys/games concepts and win large number of prizes worth Rs. 50 lakhs.
- Toy/Games concepts based on Indian civilization, heritage, culture, mythology,history, ethos, technology, ethnicity, national heroes and important events.
- Inculcate positive behaviour and good values(‘Sanskaar’)
- Toys for specially-abled/ Divyanga children
- Boosting physical and mental fitness
- Using eco-friendly, indigenous, non-hazardous or recycled material
- Focus on promoting Vedic Mathematics
- Encouraging national unity and respecting the cultural diversity.
- Supporting missions like Swatch Bharat, BetiBachaoBetiPadhao, Environment Conservation, Climate Change, Digital India, Skill India, Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat.
- Rediscovering/redesigning traditional Indian toys
- Toys for pedagogy (for teaching students difficult concepts in Math, Science, Languages, Social Sciences, etc.)
- Design should confine to basic toy guidelines issued by Govt. of India. Click the link to view the Gazette Notification.
Track & Eligibility
- Junior Students: Junior Level Participants that involves problem statements & innovation process in toys that focus on primary level development inclusive of hardware & stuffed practices.
- HEI’s Students: Senior level participants [HEI’s] that is having major involvement of AI or advance practices in order to develop toys affordable and of better quality.
- Professionals: Start-up-Professional Level that incudes overall innovation and development of prototypes that enables toy industry to boost up the production and quality toys in the Indian market
- Last Date for Submission: 20 Jan 2021
- Results Announcement Phase-1 (Tentative): 10 Feb 2021
- Grand Finale (Phase-2) (Tentative): 22 Feb 2021
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on LegalThirst.com is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.
Legal Thirst has created a telegram group for exchanging legal knowledge, Events, and various opportunities.
You can click on this link and join:
Follow Legal Thirst on Instagram and Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more amazing legal content.