The Tata Institute of Social Sciences TISS was established in 1936 and was awarded the ‘Deemed to be University’ status in 1964. TISS is fully funded by the University Grants Commission, Government of India, and operates from its main campus in Mumbai, and therefore the off-campuses at Tuljapur, Guwahati, and Hyderabad.
About the Job
TISS provides work opportunities to scholars committed to making a just society through education, generation of knowledge, and field action. The Institute wishes to recruit a qualified Legal Officer for the Office of the Registrar, TISS.
Applications are invited for one post of ‘Legal Officer’ to be filled on a contract basis for a period of one year initially and extendable based on the performance of the candidate and requirement of the Institute.
- To ensure that the best simplest legal action is taken by the Institute, Legal Officer may need to perform the subsequent tasks.
- To provide legal support and represent the University in certain Civil/Criminal litigation.
- To perform work associated with the RTI matters of the Institute.
- To guide legal aspects of the staff engagements, project contracts.
- To represent as member secretary for Committee against Sexual Harassment in university.
- To perform other relevant duties as required.
- Vetting of MoUs and drafting standard agreements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law from recognized University/Institute with an aggregate of 60% marks.
- A good academic record with a minimum of 55% of aggregate marks or B+ in the academic 10 point grade scale.
- Five years of experience as an advocator as a law officer in the Legal Department of Central or State Government or any renowned organization.
- Good skills in Microsoft Office.
The preference may be given to the candidates having Master’s Degree in Law or Diploma in any specialized fields of Law. The candidates with personal flexibility, high motivation, excellent communication, writing, and good rapport building skills in Hindi and English shall have added advantage.
Rs. 60,000/- (Commensurate with educational qualification and work experience).
How to Apply?
- Candidates are requested to apply online through the link (Apply now) provided along with this advertisement on the Institute website.
- Candidates are required to take a print of acknowledgment of the online application and keep it for future reference.
- Short-listed candidates will be informed over e-mail and/or mobile phone to appear for the interview to be conducted at TISS, Mumbai.
The last date for receipt of online application: October 30, 2020.
Selected Candidates are expected to join the office within 15 days of their selection.
Legal Thirst has created a telegram group for exchanging legal knowledge, Events, and various opportunities.
You can click on this link and join:
Follow Legal Thirst on Instagram and Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more amazing legal content.