Big Breaking announcement by PM Narender Modi on Friday during addressing whole nation repealed 3 Farm Laws
PM Narender Modi said: “That Centre Government repeals 3 Farm Laws. They will complete repealing process with due constitutional process in upcoming Parliament Session in November month end.”
Though, PM said that their intention while bringing up the 3 Farm Bills was pure and honest but they failed to convince a group who was opposing these laws.
Three Farms laws which got repealed are:
- Farmers’ Produce Trade and Commerce (Promotion and Facilitation) Act, 2020;
- Essential Commodities (Amendment) Act, 2020; and
- Farmers (Empowerment and Protection) Agreement on Price Assurance and Farm Services Act, 2020.
All these above three laws were enacted by Parliament in September 2020.
The Supreme Court in January 2021 has put a stay on the implementation of these farms laws for a time being. Supreme Court stay was being in force to make a peaceful negotiation process between the Centre Government and the Protesting group.
The centre government during winter session will start from 29 Novemver,2021, during this session the repealing process will take end.
PM Narender Modi on Friday forenoon while addressing the nation that: “We will Repeal the 3 farms laws” which are being enacted in September 2020.
PM Narender Modi further said they will repeal the 3 Farm laws according to the constitutional process. In the upcoming Winter session which start from 29 November, 2021 and will be end on December 23, 2021.
How can a law be repealed in India?
According to Article 245 of Indian Constitution to repeal or amend any law the procedure is same as of upbringing of any law by the parliament.
PM Narender Modi on Friday forenoon while addressing the nation that: “We will Repeal the 3 farms laws”, now to repeal these laws there is no other way to repeal any law before producing it to the parliament. Parliament under Article 245 of Indian Constitution has both right of an enactment, amendment or repeal of any law in India.
Following steps will be needed to done to repeal any law in India:
- To repeal any law it is needed to be produced in the parliament by the concerned ministry prior having discussion with the Law ministry.
- There should be discussion and debate in the Parliament of why any law is going to be repeal.
- The center government must issue their statement with reasoning why the law is being repealed.
- After debating there will be a voting round in which the member present in the parliament t will vote either in favour or against the motion.
- If the desired number reached in the favour of the motion then the certain law will be repealed.
As the center government repealing the 3 farm laws they can either file a single bill in the parliament or 3 different bills for the repealing of the farms laws.
Disclaimer: The opinions and views in the articles and research papers published on this website; are personal and independent opinions of the author. The website is not responsible for them.
Legal Thirst has created a telegram group for exchanging legal knowledge, Events, and various opportunities.
You can click on this link and join:
Follow Legal Thirst on Instagram and Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more amazing legal content.