About the Organization
The Indian Review of Advanced Legal Research (IRALR) is aimed to act as a platform for promoting high-quality legal research and writing on a variety of legal issues among the budding legal minds of India.
Our primary objective is to develop a sense of enthusiasm towards legal research among young law students and provide them with a platform to exhibit their skills in a way that is helpful to the legal fraternity across India. In our endeavor, we will provide a range of opportunities to law students in India to hone their knowledge and legal research skills. We will attempt to host various competitions such as blog/article writing competitions, judgment writing competition, and the like to engage students in a range of highly effective activities which will supplement their academics as well as research skills.
About the Competition
The Indian Review of Advanced Legal Research (IRALR) in its endeavor to promote legal writing among law students is hosting the 1st IRALR Article Writing Competition. We hereby highly encourage law students to take part in this competition and get an opportunity for testing their legal writing skills. The students participating in this competition will get a chance to deliberate and elucidate on various contemporary legal issues along with an opportunity to get cash prizes and other interesting opportunities for internship and publication. This competition will act as an opportunity for all those young and ambitious law students who aspire to sharpen their legal research and writing skills.
The following categories of persons can participate in the competition:
- Any student of a 3-year law program
- Any student of a 5-year integrated law degree program
- Any student pursuing C.A./C.S. (any level)
- Any law student studying in post-graduate law degree programme (L.L.M.)
- Law professionals
Theme: Any topic related to law
- Winner – Rs. 1500
- First Runner-up – Rs. 1000
- Second Runner-up – Rs. 500
- Top 15 entries will be given a Certificate of Merit.
- Top 15 entries will be published on The IRALR Blog.
- The authors of selected entries depending upon the quality of writing may be offered an internship at IRALR at the discretion of the Editorial Board
- All the participants would be given a certificate of participation.
- The range should be around 1500-4000 words. (exclusive of the footnotes and abstract).
- The author may or may not include an abstract in the article.
- Co-authorship up to a maximum of three authors is permitted.
- The authors are expected to footnote their sources using any uniform citation method.
- The authors are expected to ensure that the text of the submission is in Times New Roman and the size of font is 12 with line spacing of 1.5. For the footnotes, present in the submission, the same shall be in Times New Roman, font size 10 and line spacing of 1.0.
- The submission must be made in a word file only (.doc or .docx format). The authors should not disclose their identity to ensure an anonymous review.
- The article should be the author’s original work and should not be published previously or not be in consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Single Author – Rs. 100.
- Co-Authorship up to 2 authors – Rs. 150.
- Co-Authorship up to 3 authors – Rs. 175.
Registration, Payment and Final Submission Procedure:
Interested students can register themselves and make their submission by following the procedure explained below:
- Open https://www.iralr.in/competition to go to the official webpage of the Competition and click on “Register Now” button based on the number of authors (Single Author/ Co-authorship up to 2 authors/ Co-authorship up to 3 authors)
- The payment gateway will open where you are required to fill in the specified details and make the payment of the amount as per the number of authors. A receipt of payment will be generated after the successful completion of payment.
- After making the payment, download the receipt of payment or take a screenshot of the same and send it on firstname.lastname@example.org
- After receiving the payment receipt, we will send you the link to the submission portal through the mail.
- Fill in all the details in the submission portal and upload your manuscript on the same in .doc / .docx format only.
- Last Date of Registration: 15th September 2020
- Last Date of Submission: 20th September 2020
- Tentative date of declaration of result: 15th October 2020